- Demonstrate excellent customer service and respect for customers, co-workers, and management.
- Answer phone in a timely, polite fashion and communicate messages effectively.
- Provide efficient document management for all incoming faxes, including invoices, clinical notes and Rxs.
- Process DME and HH billing for mailing as assigned.
- Process all new DME and HH referrals, make files and save data in appropriate document file. Notify appropriate department of new referral.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Support the Mission, Values and Vision of Home Care Connect.
- Knowledgeable of injured worker’s rights and ensure an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of that injured worker.
- Support, cooperate with and implement specific procedures and programs for:
- Confidentiality of all data, including injured worker’s demographics, employee and operations data.
- Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperate and work together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follow up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promote positive public relations with co-workers, referral sources and DME providers. Complete requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
related tasks as assigned which are supportive in nature to the essential
functions of the job. Duties may be altered or
redesigned depending upon business needs.
Responsibilities: Responsible for performing a variety of
duties during the course of the day including: answering the phone, fax
document management, new referral intakes, scanning invoices, processing
billing and processing mail.
A high school diploma and college credit.
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; knowledge of
medical terminology; good interpersonal relations and communicative skills;
moderate PC skills with emphasis on accuracy; good organizational skills.
Some health care experience preferred.