to perform many administrative duties, including answering telephones, greeting
patients, updating and filing patients’ medical records, handling
correspondence, obtaining appointment information, and ordering supplies. This role is developed to assist the Clinical
Coordinator complete daily activities to ensure compliance with policies and
- Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of Home Care Connect.
- Knowledgeable of injured worker’s rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of that injured worker.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
- Confidentiality of all data, including injured worker’s demographics, employee and operations data.
- Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with co-workers, referral sources and O&P providers.
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates excellent customer
service, and respect for customers, co-workers, and management.
collaboratively with Clinical Coordinators to ensure compliance with file
follow up per Policies and procedures
Vendor agencies to obtain notes and home health compliance
concerns to clinical coordinator
medical supplies as necessary
follow up with vendors, injured workers, and family members
up with physicians for office visit dates and prescriptions
receipt of authorization with vendor source
lab results from vendor agencies
Ensure customer satisfaction by
contacting injured worker and referral source.
- Coordinate specific work tasks with
other personnel within the office as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient
flow of information.
- Respond to inquiries relating to
his/her particular area within given timeframes and within established policy.
- Assist in Triage of patient needs
tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but
which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
to 5 years of previous medical office experience desirable. Work Comp
Case Management experience a plus.
Education/Training: A high school diploma and some college credit and/or
Certified Nursing Assistant of
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;
knowledge of medical terminology; good interpersonal relations and
communicative skills; moderate PC skills with emphasis on accuracy; good