Home Health Coordinator
Title: Home Health Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Home Health
Responsible for performing a variety of duties during the course of the day including: answering the phone, document management, intake referrals, completion of letters of authorization, price negotiations and staffing home health and IV therapy referrals.
- Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of Home Care Connect.
- Knowledgeable of injured worker’s rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of that injured worker.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
- Confidentiality of all data, including injured worker’s demographics, employee and operations data.
- Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with co-workers, referral sources and
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and respect for customers, co-workers, and management.
- Communicate effectively with Management on any and all outstanding concerns within the Home Health Department, i.e. staffing issues, follow up issues, cost related issues, and client related concerns.
- Provide staffing for all home health referrals on a daily basis.
- Assist with Intake Department with taking new home health referrals as needed.
- Review and verify all demographic data on home health referral is correct.
- Contact appropriate referral source (i.e. discharge planner, case manager) to obtain orders, FROI, medical records and any other documents needed to staff case.
- Identify network provider(s) to staff and accept home health referral. Confirm availability of service provider to accept referral.
- If there are no providers in network, search for home health providers in the area that will agree to our rates, or negotiate providers’ rates that will allow us to maximize profits, while staying within WC rates.
- Prepare and fax letter of authorization to the provider along with other necessary documentation, i.e. orders, medical history and demographics.
- Contact the IW and provide name/number of the agency providing the services and start of care date. Verify address and contact information and provide our contact information.
- Contact the referral source via e-mail to confirm start of care and receive authorization for services provided at agreed upon rates.
- Remain point of contact between providers and IW until the case assigned to Clinical Coordinator.
- Staff case with Clinical Coordinator and provide any pertinent clinical/medical data.
- Should problems arise with current HH provider, re-staff the case based on requests from Case Manager, Clinical Coordinator, Provider or Injured Worker.
- Address all questions from the Adjuster, Case Manager, Provider or Injured Worker in a timely, professional manner.
- Evaluate and assess in network providers to determine reliability, professionalism and responsiveness.
- Assist with Marketing Calls as needed.
- Assist with on-call duties on assigned weekends with compensation.
Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
Education/Training: Some College and/or Medical Background, LPN preferred
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; knowledge of medical terminology; good interpersonal relations and communicative skills; moderate PC skills with emphasis on accuracy; good organizational skills. Proficient in MS Office Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to multi-task as needed.
Experience: Work Comp Insurance experience preferred.
Within Home Care Connect Office.
Equipment/machines used in the performance of this job
The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
- Fax machine
- Personal computer
DEPARTMENT: DME SUPERVISED BY: VP of Operations General Responsibilities Responsible for performing a variety of duties during the course of the day including providing information on Durable Medical Equipment to…
VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION
Bilingual Clinical Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services SUPERVISED BY: COO General Responsibilities Coordinates and medically manages a range of health care services to designated clients through telephonic communication with patients, employers, providers, adjusters, and…
VIEW FULL DESCRIPTION
© COPYRIGHT 2018 HOMECARECONNECT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.